Codes & Standards - Purchase
This document is applicable to wire feeders and to wire-feed controls that are stand-alone (separate from the welding equipment), housed together in a single enclosure or housed in a single enclosure with other welding equipment. The wire feeder can be suitable for manually or mechanically guided torches.
This fourth edition cancels and replaces the third edition published in 2013 and constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- changes induced by the publication of IEC 60974-1:2017;
- addition of requirements for welding circuit connections in 6.9;
- clarification of requirements and conformity in 6.3.1;
- clarification of thermal requirements in Clause 9;
- addition of requirements in relation to abnormal operation in Clause 10.
This International Standard is to be used in conjunction with IEC 60974-1:2017.