Lead-acid starter batteries - Part 1: General requirements and methods of test
This document is applicable to batteries for the following purposes:
• batteries for passenger cars;
• batteries for commercial and industrial vehicles.
IEC 60095-1:2018 is not applicable to batteries for other purposes, such as the starting of railcar internal combustion engines or for motorcycles and other power sport vehicles. IEC 60095-1:2018 defines many general properties of lead-acid batteries. Single sections can be referenced in other parts of the IEC 60095 series even if the application is excluded in the scope of this document. This document specifies the:
• general requirements;
• essential functional characteristics, relevant test methods and results required,
for several classes of starter batteries:
• according to the general type of application;
• according to the type of product.
IEC 60095-1:2018 cancels and replaces the seventh edition published in 2006. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
a) charge acceptance test;
b) cranking performance test;
c) charge retention test; and
d) endurance test added.