IEC TS 62257-9-5:2018 is available as IEC TS 62257-9-5:2018 RLV which contains the International Standard and its Redline version, showing all changes of the technical content compared to the previous edition.
IEC TS 62257-9-5:2018 applies to stand-alone renewable energy products. This document deals essentially with off-grid renewable energy products with batteries and solar modules with DC system voltages not exceeding 35 V and peak power ratings not exceeding 350 W. The tests contained herein are capable in many cases of adequately assessing systems at higher voltages and/or power ratings. This new edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- replaced the term stand-alone lighting kits with stand-alone renewable energy products throughout the document (including the title) to reflect that the revised document is applicable to a broader range of products with a more diverse set of capabilities.
- added test methods for flooded lead-acid batteries.
- significantly revised the protection tests, assessment of DC ports, appliance tests, and energy service calculations based on field experience.
- revised the voltage operating points at which testing is carried out to better reflect actual operation and to simplify the procedures for testing products without lights.
- revised the energy service calculations to include the effect of multiple simultaneously connected loads on the port voltage and battery-to-port efficiency and to accommodate products with grid or electromechanical charging.