Codes & Standards - Purchase
It applies to all installations, whether permanent, temporary, transportable or hand-held, to AC installations and DC installations, without any voltage level limitation. Referenced equipment standards may give voltage level limitations.
This document specifies requirements such as those concerning
– sources of electrical power for manned and unmanned units,
– system earthing, both for low-voltage and high-voltage installations,
– interface for electric transmission systems with power supplied from shore, between interconnected offshore units, and with power supplied by offshore units to subsea installations,
– distribution systems,
– cables and wiring systems,
– system studies and calculations,
– protection against electrical faults,
– energy control, monitoring and alarm systems, and
This document gives information and guidance on topics such as
– applicable examples of HVDC VSC technology, and
– guidelines for illumination level.
This document does not apply to
– fixed equipment for medical purposes,
– electrical installations of tankers, and
– control of ignition sources other than those created by electrical equipment.
This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 2012. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
a) the requirement for sources of electrical power has been rewritten. Requirements both for manned and unmanned units are given. Requirements for essential services of electrical power have been added;
b) the requirement in relation to dead start has been added;
c) the requirement for emergency stop for motor-driven fuel-oil transfer and fuel-oil pressure pumps has been added;
d) general requirements regarding cables and wiring systems have been added;
e) the description of unit interfaces to electrical transmission systems has been included;
f) requirements in relation to energy control, monitoring and alarm system have been rewritten;
g) new clauses regarding swivel/turret and unmanned facilities have been added;
h) informative annexes regarding the following have been added:
– essential source of electrical power;
– emergency source of electrical power;
– applicable examples of HVDC VSC technologies;
– power sources for unmanned units, with separate or combined main and emergency switchboard;
– alternative power sources of electrical power – general requirements;
– illumination level;
– enhanced software simulation;
– architecture for energy control, monitoring and alarm system.