Optical fibre cables - Part 1-22: Generic specification - Basic optical cable test procedures - Environmental test methods
IEC 60794-1-22:2017 defines test procedures to be used in establishing uniform requirements for the environmental performance of:
- optical fibre cables for use with telecommunication equipment and devices employing similar techniques, and
- cables having a combination of both optical fibres and electrical conductors.
Throughout this document, the wording optical cable can also include optical fibre units, microduct fibre units, etc. See IEC 60794-1-2 for a reference guide to test methods of all types and for general requirements and definitions. This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2012. It constitutes a technical revision. This second edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- new test method designation F16 – Compound flow (drip) [E14 in IEC 60794-1-21];
- new test method F17 – Cable shrinkage test (fibre protrusion);
- new test method F18 – Mid-span temperature cycling test.
Keywords: optical fibre cables for use with telecommunication equipment