Codes & Standards - Purchase
This standard creates a generic industry procedure covering common aspects of a complete repair. The scope of work depends on the machine type, rating, condition, and the importance of plant reliability and safety. This standard does not supersede the requirements prescribed in IEC 60079-19 or elsewhere concerning the repair and overhaul for machines used in explosive atmospheres.
This first edition cancels and replaces IEC TS 60034-23 published in 2003. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
– the title of the standard has been changed to Rotating electrical machines – Part 23: Repair, overhaul and reclamation;
– general Principles added to cover: hazardous areas, traction motors, machine efficiency, environment, end of life recycling. and circular economy considerations;
– general: Scope of work, health and safety, standards, quality, information required and documentation now covered;
– final tests updated;
– additional requirements for the repair and testing of DC machines added;
– additional requirements for the repair and testing of High Voltage AC machines added;
– customer reports and handover added;
– new standard tolerances added.