Fibre optic interconnecting devices and passive components - Fibre optic isolators - Part 1: Generic specification
- they are non-reciprocal optical devices, in which each port is either an optical fibre or fibre optic connector;
- they are passive devices containing no opto-electronic or other transducing elements;
- they have two optical ports for directionally transmitting optical power. This fourth edition cancels and replaces the third edition published in 2009. It constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- the terms and definitions were reconsidered;
- quality assessment level was deleted from classification;
- the clause numbers of Annexes A and B have been rearranged.