IEC 62133-2:2017 specifies requirements and tests for the safe operation of portable sealed secondary lithium cells and batteries containing non-acid electrolyte, under intended use and reasonably foreseeable misuse.
This first edition cancels and replaces the second edition of IEC 62133 published in 2012. It constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to IEC 62133:2012:
- separation of nickel systems into a separate Part 1;
- inclusion of coin cell requirements;
- update of assembly of cells into batteries (5.6);
- mechanical tests [vibration, shock] (126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52);
- insertion of IEC TR 62914 within the Bibliography.