IEC 60695-1-30:2017 provides guidance for assessing and choosing candidate materials, components or sub-assemblies for making an end product based upon preselection testing.
It describes how preselection provides comparative fire hazard test methods to evaluate the performance of a test specimen and how preselection can be used in the selection of materials, parts, components and sub-assemblies during the design stage of an end product. It further describes how standardized test methods may be used as one part in the decision making processes directed to minimize the fire hazards from electrotechnical equipment. It takes into account the desired reaction to fire properties of the end product, and the possible effects of environmental conditions on the behaviour of the end product.
This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 2008. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- Reference to IEC 60695-1-12;
- Modified Introduction;
- Clause 2: updated and additional normative references;
- Clause 3: updated and additional terms and definitions;
- Clause 4: updated text, with a requirement and normative reference to IEC 60695-1-10, IEC 60695-1-11 and IEC 60695-1-12;
- Clause 5: modified text;
- Annex A: updated references with additions and deletions;
- Annex B: Examples of materials used in attended appliances replaces the previous example of an ITE product and the Bibliographic references updated.
It has the status of a basic safety publication in accordance with IEC Guide 104 and ISO/IEC Guide 51.
This standard is to be used in conjunction with IEC 60695-1-10:2016 and IEC 60695-1-11:2014 .
This basic safety publication is intended for use by technical committees in the preparation of standards in accordance with the principles laid down in IEC Guide 104 and ISO/IEC Guide 51.