Codes & Standards - Purchase
This document provides the requirements for the DC EV supply equipment where the secondary circuit is protected from the primary circuit by electrical separation.
Requirements for bi-directional power flow are not covered in this document.
This document also provides the requirements for the control and the communication between DC EV supply equipment and an EV.
This document also applies to DC EV supply equipment supplied from on-site storage systems.
The aspects covered in this document include:
• characteristics and operating conditions of the DC EV supply equipment;
• specification of the connection between the DC EV supply equipment and the EV;
• requirements for electrical safety for the DC EV supply equipment.
Additional requirements can apply to equipment designed for specific environments or conditions, for example:
• DC EV supply equipment located in hazardous areas where flammable gas or vapour and/or combustible materials, fuels or other combustible, or explosive materials are present;
• DC EV supply equipment designed to be installed at an altitude of more than 2 000 m;
• DC EV supply equipment intended to be used on-board ships.
Requirements for electrical devices and components used in DC EV supply equipment are not included in this document and are covered by their specific product standards.
This document does not apply to:
• safety aspects related to maintenance;
• charging of trolley buses, rail vehicles, industrial trucks and vehicles designed primarily for use off-road;
• equipment on the EV;
• EMC requirements for equipment on the EV while connected, which are covered in IEC 61851-21-1;
• charging the RESS off-board the EV.