IEC 61010-2-030:2017 is also available as IEC 61010-2-030:2017 RLV which contains the International Standard and its Redline version, showing all changes of the technical content compared to the previous edition.
IEC 61010-2-030:2017 This group safety publication is primarily intended to be used as a product safety standard for the products mentioned in the scope, but shall also be used by technical committees in the preparation of their publications for products similar to those mentioned in the scope of this standard, in accordance with the principles laid down in IEC Guide 104 and lSO/lEC Guide 51.
IEC 61010-2-030:2017 specifies safety requirements for equipment having testing or measuring circuits which are connected for test or measurement purposes to devices or circuits outside the measurement equipment itself.
These include measuring circuits which are part of electrical test and measurement equipment, laboratory equipment, or process control equipment. The existence of these circuits in equipment requires additional protective means between the circuit and an OPERATOR.
This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2010. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- Reference to IEC 61010-031 for probe assemblies and IEC 61010-032 for current sensors has been added.
- Indirect bonding for testing and measuring circuits has been modified, in particular to take into account the duration of current flow versus body current for a.c. and d.c. currents according to IEC TS 60479-1 and IEC TS 60479-2.
- Clearance and creepage distance for wet locations and for measuring circuit terminal exceeding 1 000 V a.c. or d.c have been specified.
- The voltage source for testing overvoltage limiting component or circuit may be limited to 400 V.
- Requirements against transient overvoltages for mains voltage measuring circuits have been added.
- Requirements for measuring circuits from 1 000 V d.c. to 1 500 V d.c. have been added.
- The corrigendum has been included in Tables K.102 to K.104.
- Requirements for reduction of transient overvoltages have been modified.
- An informative Annex CC about the dimensions of banana terminals has been added.
- Flowchart for insulation according to the type of circuit has been added in a new Annex DD.
It has the status of a group safety publication in accordance with IEC Guide 104.