IEC 60034-12:2016 is now available as IEC 60034-12:2016 RLV which contains the International Standard and its Redline version, showing all changes of the technical content compared to the previous edition.
IEC 60034-12:2016 specifies the parameters for eight designs of starting performance of single-speed three-phase 50 Hz or 60 Hz cage induction motors in accordance with IEC 60034-1 that:
- have a rated voltage up to 1 000 V;
- are intended for direct-on-line or star-delta starting;
- are rated on the basis of duty type S1;
- are constructed to any degree of protection and explosion protection. The main changes with respect to the previous edition are as follows:
- new design letter E for extended efficiency motors, explanation of all design letters, and description of new designs NE, NEY, HE, and HEY;
- addition of a reference to IEC 60079-7;
- addition of a formula to calculate locked rotor current from apparent power.