Codes & Standards - Purchase
IEC 61191-1:2018 prescribes requirements for materials, methods and verification criteria for producing quality soldered interconnections and assemblies using surface mount and related assembly technologies. This part of IEC 61191 also includes recommendations for good manufacturing processes. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- the requirements have been updated to be compliant with the acceptance criteria in IPC-A-610F;
- the term assembly drawing has been changed to assembly documentation throughout;
- references to IEC standards have been corrected;
- Clause 9 was completely rewritten;
- Annex B was removed because there are already procedures for circuit board assemblies.