Codes & Standards - Purchase
It applies to all installations, whether permanent, temporary, transportable or hand-held, to AC installations and DC installations without any voltage level limitation. Referenced equipment standards may give voltage level limitations.
This document specifies requirements such as those concerning
– enclosures, with regard to material, marking (nameplates and labels), ventilation, earthing, EMC and short-circuit rating of components, and
– specific requirements related to use in an offshore unit, such as
• generators and motors,
• switchgear and control gear assemblies,
• instrumentation of power sources,
• semiconductor converters,
• secondary cells and batteries,
• communication equipment,
• control and instrumentation, and
• accessories for accommodation and similar areas.
This document does not apply to
– fixed equipment for medical purposes,
– electrical installations of tankers, and
– control of ignition sources other than those created by electrical equipment.
This fourth edition cancels and replaces the third edition published in 2012. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
a) the previous voltage limitations have been removed;
b) Clause 4 has been completely rewritten, giving general requirements as to relevant electrical equipment;
c) requirements concerning pyrotechnic fault current limiters have been added;
d) requirements as to gas insulated switchgear have been added;
e) the requirement concerning the isolation of supply to galley has been moved to IEC 61892-2;
f) requirements concerning control and instrumentation have been rewritten, based on changes in IEC 61892-2.