IEC 61439-7:2018 defines the specific requirements of assemblies as follows:
- assemblies for which the rated voltage does not exceed 1 000 V in the case of AC or 1 500 V in the case of DC;
– assemblies intended for use in connection with the generation, transmission, distribution and conversion of electric energy, and for the control of electric energy consuming equipment;
– assemblies operated by ordinary persons (e.g. plug and unplug of electrical equipment);
– assemblies intended to be installed and used in market squares, marinas, campsites and other similar outdoor public sites;
– assemblies intended for charging stations for electric vehicles (AEVCS) for Mode 3 and Mode 4. They are designed to integrate the functionality and additional requirements for electric vehicle conductive charging systems according to IEC 61851-1:2017.
This first edition cancels and replaces the relevant technical specification published in 2014. It constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous technical specification:
- a new classification of the stationary ASSEMBLIES in accordance with their mechanical resistance (5.702);
- a new Table 702 with the list of tests and relevant severities to which the ASSEMBLIES have to be subjected according to the classification mentioned at point a);
- a new Annex (CC) with a new endurance test for the individual switching devices intended to be used in AEVSC, if they have not already been tested against this requirement;
- a general editorial review and a technical revision.
The contents of the corrigendum of August 2019 have been included in this copy.