IEC 61076-3-104:2017 establishes uniform specifications, type testing requirements for 8 way, shielded free and fixed connectors for data transmissions with frequencies up to 2 000 MHz, and used as category 7A connectors in class FA cabling systems specified in ISO/IEC 11801-1. It contains all test methods and sequences, severity and preferred values for dimensions and characteristics.
This third edition of IEC 61076-3-104 cancels and replaces the second edition, published in 2006, and constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- the title has been changed to incorporate transmissions with frequencies up to 2 000 MHz;
- the drawings of some styles have been corrected for clarification;
- Figures 23 and 24 have been updated;
- Figure 3 has been updated to include reference dimensions and dimensional format changes;
- the dimensions of Figure 7 have been updated;
- the type designation and ordering information has been removed for consistency with the most updated sectional specification;
- the test schedule was updated to include appropriate IEC 60512 Test Nos;
- the electrical performance requirements have been revised for 2 GHz level and interchangeability information has been added for performance categories.