IEC 62320-2:2016 RLV contains both the official IEC International Standard and its Redline version. The Redline version is available in English only and provides you with a quick and easy way to compare all the changes between the official IEC Standard and its previous edition.
IEC 62320-2:2016 specifies the operational and performance requirements, methods of testing and required test results for AIS AtoN Stations compatible with the performance standards adopted by IMO Resolution MSC.74(69), Annex 3, Universal AIS. It incorporates the technical characteristics of non-shipborne AIS AtoN equipment,
included in Recommendation ITU-R M.1371 and IALA Recommendation A-126. Where applicable, it also takes into account the ITU Radio Regulations. This standard takes into account other associated IEC International Standards and existing national standards, as applicable. This document is applicable for automatic identification system (AIS) installations on aids to navigation (AtoN). This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- additional cyber security measures;
- updated description of configuration via VDL;
- updated VDL access scheme requirements;
- new PI sentences and VDL message structures with added description for optional TAG blocks;
- added requirement for at least one standard method for configuration using Standard PI sentences;
- updated test methods and updated Annexes.