IEC 60728-11:2016 deals with the safety requirements applicable to fixed sited systems and equipment. As far as applicable, it is also valid for mobile and temporarily installed systems, for example, caravans. This fourth edition cancels and replaces the third edition published in 2010. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- Correction of minimum cross-section of bonding conductor in Figure 6, Figure 14 and Figure 17.
- Creation of new symbols for overvoltage protective device - (OPD) and for coaxial overvoltage protective device - (COPD).
- Introduction of new OPD symbol to 3.2, Figure 3 and Figure 6.
- Introduction of new COPD symbol to 3.2 and Figure 19.
- In 3.1 replacement of terms CATV, MATV and SMATV by new terms and definitions due to changes in technology and use of cable networks.
- Extension for remote feeding voltage on subscriber feeder.
- Adaption to Edition 2.0 of the IEC 62305 series.
- Deletion of informative Annex C and normative reference to the simplified software for the calculation of risk due to lightning (Annex J of IEC 62305-2:2006.)
- New subclause 10.2.6 Fully-isolated system outlet provided by means of a FTTH system. The contents of the corrigendum of July 2016 have been included in this copy.