IEC TS 62257-3:2015(E) provides information on the responsibilities involved in the implementation of rural power systems. More particularly it covers:
- contractual relationships to be built between the different participants to a project;
- the relevant tests to be applied to renewable energy and hybrid electrification systems;
- quality assurance principles to be implemented;
- requirements for recycling and protection of the environment. The main technical changes with regard to the previous edition are as follows:
- redefine the maximum AC voltage from 500 V to 1 000 V, the maximum DC voltage from 750 V to 1 500 V;
- removal of the limitation of 100 kVA system size.
This publication is to be read in conjunction with IEC 62257 series.