IEC 60317-31:2015 specifies the requirements of glass fibre wound, resin or varnish impregnated, bare or enamelled rectangular copper winding wire, temperature index 180. The range of nominal conductor dimensions covered by this standard is:
- width: min.2,0 mm max.16,0 mm;
- thickness: min.0,80 mm max. 5,60 mm. The specified combinations of width and thickness as well as the specified width/thickness ratio are according to IEC 60317-0-4. This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 1990, Amendment 1:1997 and Amendment 2:2005. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- new 3.2.2 containing general notes on winding wire, formerly part of the scope;
- introduction of glass fibre coverings over grade 1 enamelled conductor in 3.2.2;
- revision to references to IEC 60317-0-4 to make clear that their application is normative. Keywords: temperature index 180, winding wire
This publication is to be read in conjunction with IEC 60317-0-4:2015.