IEC 61400-25-3:2015 is available as IEC 61400-25-3:2015 RLV which contains the International Standard and its Redline version, showing all changes of the technical content compared to the previous edition.
IEC 61400-25-3:2015 specifies an abstract communication service interface describing the information exchange between a client and a server for:
- data access and retrieval,
- device control,
- event reporting and logging,
- self-description of devices (device data dictionary),
- data typing and discovery of data types.
Main changes with respect to the previous edition consist of:
- harmonization with newer editions of IEC 61850 standards;
- reduction of overlap between standards and simplification by increased referencing, etc.