IEC 62135-1:2015 applies to equipment for resistance welding and allied processes and includes single and multiple welding stations which may be manually or automatically loaded and/or started. This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2008. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- creepage distances for pollution degree 4 are no longer valid (see Table 2);
- insulation requirements for Class II equipment are defined (see Table 3);
- dielectric test voltage interpolation restriction lower limit is changed to 220 V and interpolation for control and welding circuit is clarified (see Table 4);
- maximum temperature for insulation systems are reviewed in accordance with current edition of IEC 60085 (see Table 7);
- marking of terminals is defined (see 10.3);
- table for nominal voltages of supply networks is changed adopting Table B.2 of IEC 60664-1:2007 in place of the Table B.1 values referenced in the previous edition to provide for equipment to be connected to both earthed and unearthed systems. The change impacts the creepage and clearance distance requirements for some supply voltage ratings (see Annex A);
- touch current in fault condition are measurement procedures are clarified (see 6.4.4 and Annex C);
- welding circuit touch current is defined (see 6.2.6);
- touch current in normal condition are clarified and moved in protection against electric shock in normal service (see 6.3.7);
- heating test conditions are clarified (see 7.1.1);
- external surface temperature rise limitation is changed (see 7.3.2).
The contents of the corrigendum of February 2016 have been included in this copy.