IEC 60076-15:2015 applies to three-phase and single-phase gas-filled power transformers (including auto-transformers) with the exception of certain categories of small and special transformers such as:
- single-phase transformers with rated power less than 1 kVA and three-phase transformers less than 5 kVA;
- transformers, which have no windings with rated voltage higher than 1 000 V;
- instrument transformers;
- traction transformers mounted on rolling stock;
- starting transformers;
- testing transformers;
- welding transformers.
This second edition of IEC 60076-15 cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2008 and constitutes a technical revision. The following main technical changes from the first edition are:
- Modified in accordance with the related revised standards of IEC 60076-1, IEC 60076-2, IEC 60076-3 and related items of SF6 gas in the revised standard of High-voltage switchgear and controlgear;
- Added the clause minimum power under alternative cooling modes;
- Added the clause safety, environmental and other requirements;
- Added the clause d.c. currents in neutral circuits;
- Added the clause electromagnetic compatibility (EMC);
- Added the clause high frequency switching transients.