Codes & Standards - Purchase
- singulated bare die,
- die and wafers with attached connection structures,
- minimally or partially encapsulated die and wafers.
This standard defines the minimum requirements for the data that are needed to describe such die products and is intended as an aid to the design of and procurement for assemblies incorporating die products. It covers the requirements for data, including:
- product identity,
- product data,
- die mechanical information,
- test, quality, assembly and reliability information,
- handling, shipping and storage information.
The main changes that have been introduced in this edition have been to ensure consistency across all parts of the standard. The ordering of the subclauses, particularly in Clause 6, has been changed to be more logical and the text of some of the requirements has been amended to add requirements on further information as covered by IEC/TR 62258-4, IEC/TR 62258-7 and IEC/TR 62258-8. New requirements include information on permutability of terminals and functional elements (6.6.4) and moisture sensitivity for partially encapsulated devices (8.8).