IEC 61850-7-4:2010 specifies the information model of devices and functions generally related to common use regarding applications in systems for power utility automation. It also contains the information model of devices and function-related applications in substations. In particular, it specifies the compatible logical node names and data object names for communication between intelligent electronic devices (IED). This includes the relationship between logical nodes and data objects. Major technical changes with regard to the previous edition are as follows:
- corrections and clarifications according to technical issues raised by the users' community; extensions for new logical nodes for the power quality domain;
- extensions for the model for statistical and historical statistical data;
- extensions regarding IEC 61850-90-1;
- extensions for new logical nodes for monitoring functions according to IEC 62271;
- new logical nodes from IEC 61850-7-410 and IEC 61850-7-420 of general interest.
This publication is of core relevance for Smart Grid.