IEC TR 61641:2014
Enclosed low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assemblies - Guide for testing under conditions of arcing due to internal fault
- arcing classes to define the different forms of protection provided against arcing faults; (i) personnel protection, (ii) damage restricted to part of the ASSEMBLY, and (iii) ASSEMBLY suitable for limited further service.;
- two levels of personnel protection afforded by ASSEMBLIES under arcing fault conditions; (i) for ASSEMBLIES installed in areas where access to the ASSEMBLY is restricted to skilled persons, and (ii) for ASSEMBLIES installed in areas where the area is accessible to ordinary persons;
- option of individually insulating all live conductors to make the complete ASSEMBLY an arc ignition protected zone (referred to as an 'arc free zone' in previous editions of the Technical report);
- arc fault protection front, back and sides of an ASSEMBLY as the normal requirement;
- minimum performance requirements for arc ignition protected zone.