Describes methods of calibrating the spatial measurement facilities and point-spread function of ultrasonic imaging equipment in the ultrasonic frequency range 0,5 MHz to 15 MHz. This standard is relevant for ultrasonic scanners based on the pulse echo principle of the types listed below:
- mechanical sector scanners;
- electronic phased-array sector scanners;
- electronic linear-array scanners;
- electronic curved-array sector scanners;
- water bath scanners based on any of the above four scanning mechanisms;
- 3D-volume reconstruction systems.