IEC 61158-4-14:2014 specifies procedures for the timely transfer of data and control information from one data-link user entity to a peer user entity, and among the data-link entities forming the distributed data-link service provider and the structure of the fieldbus DLPDUs used for the transfer of data and control information by the protocol of this standard, and their representation as physical interface data units. This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 2010 and constitutes a technical revision. The main changes are:
- update the Communication model;
- update the Encoding of DL-management Tag for FRT applications in Subclause 6.2.3;
- corrections the edit error;
- update of the requirements for all conformance classes;
- update of the requirements for all conformance services.