IEC 61111:2009 is applicable to electrical insulating matting made of elastomer for use as a floor covering for the electrical protection of workers on electrical installations. This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition, published in 1992, and its Amendment 1 (2002). This edition constitutes a technical revision. It includes the following significant technical changes with regard to the previous edition:
- general review of the requirements and test provisions;
- modification of the test procedure for slip resistance;
- preparation of the elements of evaluation of defects, and general application of IEC 61318 Ed.3;
- revision of existing annexes;
- deletion of Annexes D and F, not applicable according to IEC 61318 Ed.3;
- introduction of a new normative Annex F on classification of defects.