IEC 61009-1:2010 applies to residual current operated circuit breakers with integral overcurrent protection functionally independent of, or functionally dependent on, line voltage for household and similar uses (hereafter referred to as RCBOs), for rated voltages not exceeding 440 V a.c. with rated frequencies of 50 Hz, 60 Hz or 50/60 Hz and rated currents not exceeding 125 A and rated short circuit capacities not exceeding 25 000 A for operation at 50 Hz or 60 Hz. This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition, published in 1996, amendment 1 (2002) and amendment 2 (2006). It constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- complete revision of EMC sequences, including the new test T.2.6, already approved in IEC 61543;
- clarification of RCDs current/time characteristics reported in Tables 2 and 3;
- revision of test procedure for I?n< /sub> between 5 A and 200 A;
- tests for the use of RCBOs in IT systems;
- testing procedure regarding the 6mA d.c. current superimposed to the fault current;
- improvement highlighting RCDs with multiple sensitivity;
- some alignments with IEC 60898-1.