Codes & Standards - Purchase
- the reference test method for all fibre types is changed to the video grey scale transmitted near field method from the refracted near field method;
- the test lengths for all fibre types are now to be specified in the fibre's detail specification;
- the core illumination wavelength for all multimode fibre types may now to be specified in the fibre's detail specification although defaults are given;
- the core k-factor (decision level) is now to be specified in the detail specification for all multimode fibre types;
- this edition is substantially more specific in describing the measurement;
- data reduction and transformation is fully described;
- the data reduction methodology for both refracted near-field and transmitted near-field methods are now unified and consistent. Keywords: measuring the geometrical characteristics of uncoated optical fibres The contents of the corrigendum of March 2016 have been included in this copy.