Codes & Standards - Purchase
IEC TR 60664-2-1:2011
a) nominal system voltage(s) or rated insulation voltage(s);
b) overvoltage category of the products (OV cat.);
c) any type of overvoltages;
d) frequency of the voltage;
e) characteristics of the solid insulating material;
f) pollution degree and humidity levels.
The main changes with respect to the previous edition are listed below:
- the previous edition was only an application guide for IEC 60664-1. This second edition takes into account not only IEC 60664-1 but also the other parts IEC 60664-3, IEC 60664-4, and IEC 60664-5 and their interrelation;
- principles of the IEC 60664 series for insulation dimensioning of LV equipment are explained and examples of practical application are provided together with some background information;
- Annex A provides an overview of clauses of IEC 60664-1 requiring decisions by technical committees, or specification of options, or requiring activities of the manufacturer;
- Annex B provides an overview of such clauses of IEC 60664-4;
- Annex C provides an overview of such clauses of IEC 60664-5;
- Annex D amends the tables of Annex F of IEC 60664-1:2007 with rated impulse voltages for voltages line to neutral derived from nominal d.c. voltages up to and including 1 500 V.
The contents of the corrigendum of October 2011 have been included in this copy.