Codes & Standards - Purchase
- IEC 60584-1:1995 and IEC 60584-2:1982 have been merged;
- the standard is now explicitly based on the reference polynomials which express thermocouple EMF as functions of temperature. The tables derived from the polynomials are given in Annex A;
- inverse polynomials expressing temperature as functions of EMF are given in Annex B, but inverse tables are not given;
- the range of the polynomial relating the EMF of Type K thermocouples is restricted to 1 300 °C;
- values of the Seebeck coefficients are given at intervals of 10 °C;
- thermoelectric data (EMF and Seebeck coefficients) are given at the fixed points of the ITS-90;
- some guidance is given in Annex C regarding the upper temperature limits and environmental conditions of use for each thermocouple type.