Low-voltage electrical installations - Part 7-714: Requirements for special installations or locations - External lighting installations
- public street-lighting installations which are part of the public power grid;
- temporary festoon lighting;
- road traffic signal systems;
- and luminaires which are fixed to the outside of a building and are supplied directly from the internal wiring of that building.
This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition, published in 1996, and constitutes a technical revision. The major technical changes with respect to the previous edition are listed below:
- clause numbering is aligned with present structure of IEC 60364;
- additional protection is required in some cases of equipment incorporating lighting;
- more stringent requirements regarding IP degree of protection;
- introduction of particular requirements for isolation.