IEC 60127-6:2014 is applicable to fuse-holders for miniature cartridge fuse-links according to IEC 60127-2 and sub-miniature fuse-links according to IEC 60127-3 for the protection of electric appliances, electronic equipment and component parts thereof, normally intended for use indoors. Examples of fuse-holder types with different features are given. This part of IEC 60127 applies to fuse-holders with:
- a maximum rated current of 16 A; and
- a maximum rated voltage of 1 500 V d.c. or 1 000 V a.c.; and
- for use up to 2 000 m above sea-level, unless otherwise specified. The object of this standard is to establish uniform requirements for safety and the assessment of electrical, mechanical, thermal and climatic properties of fuse-holders and the compatibility between fuse-holders and fuse-links. This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 1994, its Amendment 1 (1996) and Amendment 2 (2002). This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- modify the arrangement of the fuse-holder samples in the planes in 13.1.1;
- add a new test 13.2.2: Glow-wire ignition test;
- change maximum gauge size for standard sheets 3 and 4 from 0,70 to 0,63 in table 5;
- change minimum gauge size for standard sheets 3 and 4 from 0,55 to 0,56 in table 5. Keywords: fuse-holders for miniature cartridge fuse-links, sub-miniature fuse-links, protection of electric appliances, electronic equipment and component parts.