IEC 60065:2014 applies to electronic apparatus designed to be fed from the mains, from a supply apparatus, from batteries or from remote power feeding and intended for reception, generation, recording or reproduction of audio, video and associated signals. It also applies to apparatus designed to be used exclusively in combination with the above-mentioned apparatus. This standard primarily concerns apparatus intended for household and similar general use but which may also be used in places of public assembly such as schools, theatres, places of worship and the workplace professional apparatus intended for use as described above is also covered unless falling specifically within the scope of other standards. This standard:
- concerns only safety aspects of the above apparatus;
- it does not concern other matters, such as style or performance. This standard applies to the above-mentioned apparatus, if designed to be connected to the telecommunication network or similar network, for example by means of an integrated modem. This eighth edition cancels and replaces the seventh edition published in 2001 including its Amendment 1 (2005) and Amendment 2 (2010). It constitutes a technical revision. The principal changes in this edition as compared with the seventh edition are as follows:
- new requirements for wall and ceiling mounting means;
- new requirements for coin/button cell batteries;
- all notes have been reviewed to comply with the new directives;
- addition of requirements for LEDs;
- requirements for creepage distances are aligned with IEC 60950-1 and a change in optocoupler requirements.
The contents of the corrigendum 1 of December 2015, corrigendum 2 of December 2016 and corrigendum 3 of December 2018 have been included in this copy.
Keywords: Audio/Video, Reception, Generation, Recording, Safety