Codes & Standards - Purchase
IMT PACKAGE (4th ed. pub. 2013)
The industrial maintenance package
Certified industrial maintenance technicians (IMT) are in high-demand. These publications are based on curriculum standard for certification under Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA).
Training requirements of various industrial facilities will vary and therefore a generic curriculum may not meet needs encountered by the various establishments and appliance manufacturers in Ontario. The curriculum - together with the certification regulation, the pre-assessment report and the TSSA policies and procedures document - will direct the customization process and training plan. Based on the TSSA curriculum standard, the following modules have been combined to form one IMT package.
It includes the following modules:
- Module 3 - Properties, characteristics and safe handling of fuel gases
- Module 4 - Utilization codes, acts and regulations
- Module 8 - Introduction to piping and tubing systems
- Module 9 - Introduction to gas appliances
- Module 11 - Basic electricity for gas fired equipment
- Module 12 - Controls: Fundamentals
- Module 22 - Venting practices
- Module 26 - Flame safeguard
- Module 31 - Valve trains and burners