Gas Trade: Unit 6 - Technical manuals, specifications, drawings, and graphs
CSA Group's 2019 Gas Trade materials reference the Red Seal Program's trade outlines for your preparation to become a nationally recognized gasfitter. Please visit the Red Seal Program's website for more details.
Before undertaking a gas or propane installation, the gas technician/fitter must make decisions on a host of issues. Accessing accurate, current and relevant information for servicing or installing is therefore an extremely important part of a gas technician's/fitter's job. From a manufacturer's maintenance bulletin to mechanical drawings of large gas systems, the gas technician/fitter must be able to locate, read and interpret a variety of written documentation.
At the end of this unit you will be able to:
• At the end of this unit you will be able to:
• Use reference manuals.
• Interpret technical manuals and manufacturer's specifications.
• Interpret mechanical drawings and specifications.
• Interpret graphs and charts.
The Training materials have been revised to include the following changes throughout the training units:
▪ Updated language to enhance student understanding
▪ Revised references and links to the most current legislation
▪ Revisions include new technologies used in the industry
▪ Updated look and feel