Gas Trade: Unit 4 - Utilization codes, acts, and regulations
CSA Group's 2020 Gas Trade materials reference the Red Seal Program's trade outlines for your preparation to become a nationally recognized gasfitter. Please visit the Red Seal Program's website for more details.
A gas technician/fitter needs to be aware of the various codes, approval agencies, and standards with which each gas installation must comply. This knowledge and compliance will ensure proper installation, as well as safe and efficient operation of all gas-fired equipment.
At the end of this unit, you will be able to:
• Identify the acts, regulations, codes, and standards specific to natural gas and propane installations; and
• Identify additional codes, acts, and regulations that impact natural gas and propane installations.
The 7th Edition of the Training materials are revised to include the following changes:
• Updated to current standards and codes.
• Updated assignment questions and added chapter numbers.
• Assignment questions now included at the end of each chapter.
• New preface with a listing of standards and codes referenced in each module.