Gas Trade: Unit 19 - Forced warm-air heating systems
CSA Group's 2020 Gas Trade materials reference the Red Seal Program's trade outlines for your preparation to become a nationally recognized gasfitter. Please visit the Red Seal Program's website for more details.
Gas technicians/fitters need to understand the operational aspects of forced warm-air furnaces in order to provide effective, efficient, and safe service to their customers.
This unit is divided into three chapters to enable the gas technician/fitter to install, maintain, service, and troubleshoot forced warm-air systems.
At the end of this unit, you will be able to:
• Describe installation requirements for forced-air furnaces;
• Describe mechanical components on forced-air furnaces and the procedures for servicing those components; and
• Describe electrical components on forced-air furnaces and the procedures for servicing those components.
The 7th Edition of the Training materials are revised to include the following changes:
• Updated to current standards and codes.
• Updated assignment questions and added chapter numbers.
• Assignment questions now included at the end of each chapter.
• New preface with a listing of standards and codes referenced in each module.