Gas Trade: Unit 6 - Technical manuals, specifications, drawings, and graphs
CSA Group's 2020 Gas Trade materials reference the Red Seal Program's trade outlines for your preparation to become a nationally recognized gasfitter. Please visit the Red Seal Program's website for more details.
Before undertaking a gas or propane installation, the gas technician/fitter must make decisions on a host of issues. Accessing accurate, current, and relevant information for servicing or installing is therefore an extremely important part of the job. From a manufacturer’s maintenance bulletin to mechanical drawings of large gas systems, the gas technician/fitter must be able to locate, read, and interpret a variety of written documentation.
At the end of this Unit, you will be able to:
• Use reference manuals;
• Interpret technical manuals and manufacturer’s specifications;
• Interpret mechanical drawings and specifications; and
• Interpret graphs and charts.
The 7th Edition of the Training materials are revised to include the following changes:
• Updated to current standards and codes.
• Updated assignment questions and added chapter numbers.
• Assignment questions now included at the end of each chapter.
• New preface with a listing of standards and codes referenced in each module.