Gas Trade: Unit 5 - Introduction to electricity
CSA Group's 2019 Gas Trade materials reference the Red Seal Program's trade outlines for your preparation to become a nationally recognized gasfitter. Please visit the Red Seal Program's website for more details.
The safe and proper installation of gas appliances and systems requires a gas technician/fitter to have knowledge of basic electrical theory and practical trade-related applications.
At the end of this unit you will be able to:
• Identify electrical safety hazards, safe working techniques, procedures, and applicable codes.
• Describe basic electrical theory and concepts.
• Describe the components and operation of a simple electrical circuit.
• Explain the principles of basic magnetism and electromagnetism.
• Explain the theory of direct and alternating current.
• Explain basic transformer theory and operation.
• Describe and explain the use of electrical measuring instruments.
The Training materials have been revised to include the following changes throughout the training units:
▪ Updated language to enhance student understanding
▪ Revised references and links to the most current legislation
▪ Revisions include new technologies used in the industry
▪ Updated look and feel