Codes & Standards - Purchase
GAS TRADE: UNIT 4A (7th ed. pub. 2020)
Gas Trade: Unit 4A - Utilization codes, acts, and regulations —Ontario supplement
CSA Group's 2020 Gas Trade materials reference the Red Seal Program's trade outlines for your preparation to become a nationally recognized gasfitter. Please visit the Red Seal Program's website for more details.
This supplement is intended to augment Unit 4 Utilization Codes, Acts and Regulations. It contains materials specific to Ontario that correspond to the Technical Standards and Safety Act and the Regulations made under the Act pertaining to natural gas and propane equipment installations. Reference Unit 4 Utilization Codes, Acts and Regulations to learn about the CSA B149 Code series, additional agencies and bodies that govern gas and propane installation, and additional codes, acts, and regulations.
At the end of this unit you will be able to:
• Identify the acts and regulations that are specific to natural gas and propane installations in Ontario.
• Identify the responsibilities of the gas technicians and others relative to the installation, inspection, and approval of gas and propane installations in Ontario.
The 7th Edition of the Training materials are revised to include the following changes:
• Updated to current standards and codes.
• Updated assignment questions and added chapter numbers.
• Assignment questions now included at the end of each chapter.
• New preface with a listing of standards and codes referenced in each module.