Gas Trade: Unit 4 - Utilization codes, acts, and regulations
CSA Group's 2019 Gas Trade materials reference the Red Seal Program's trade outlines for your preparation to become a nationally recognized gasfitter. Please visit the Red Seal Program's website for more details.
The gas industry is well regulated. A gas technician/fitter needs to be aware of the various codes, approval agencies, and standards with which each gas installation must comply. This knowledge and compliance will ensure proper installation, as well as the safe and efficient operation of all gas-fired equipment.
At the end of this unit you will be able to:
• Identify the, acts, regulations, codes and standards specific to natural gas and propane installations.
• Identify additional codes, acts and regulations that impact natural gas and propane installations.
The Training materials have been revised to include the following changes throughout the training units:
▪ Updated language to enhance student understanding
▪ Revised references and links to the most current legislation
▪ Revisions include new technologies used in the industry
▪ Updated look and feel