Gas Trade: Unit 29 - Advanced electricity for gas-fired equipment
CSA Group's 2020 Gas Trade materials reference the Red Seal Program's trade outlines for your preparation to become a nationally recognized gasfitter. Please visit the Red Seal Program's website for more details.
A gas technician/fitter who installs and services gas-fired equipment in excess of 400 000 Btu/h (120 kW) must have an understanding of the electrical controls of gas-fired equipment of that size.
At the end of this unit, you will be able to:
• Identify potential hazards and describe safe practices for working with wiring systems;
• Identify and diagnose electrical wiring systems and circuit controls;
• Describe electrical theory and concepts for gas-fired equipment;
• Read, interpret and draw wiring diagrams, schematics and symbols related to gas equipment in excess of 400 000 Btu/h (120 kW); and
• Perform basic calculations to determine electric motor size requirements.
The 7th Edition of the Training materials are revised to include the following changes:
• Updated to current standards and codes.
• Updated assignment questions and added chapter numbers.
• Assignment questions now included at the end of each chapter.
• New preface with a listing of standards and codes referenced in each module.