Codes & Standards - Purchase
GAS TRADE: UNIT 29 (6th ed. pub. 2020)
Gas Trade: Unit 29 - Advanced electricity for gas-fired equipment
CSA Group's 2019 Gas Trade materials reference the Red Seal Program's trade outlines for your preparation to become a nationally recognized gasfitter. Please visit the Red Seal Program's website for more details.
A gas technician/fitter who installs and services gas-fired equipment in excess of 400 000 Btu/h (120 kW) must have an understanding of the electrical controls of gas-fired equipment of that size.
At the end of this unit you will be able to:
• Identify potential hazards and describe safe practices for working with wiring systems;
• Identify and diagnose electrical wiring systems and circuit controls;
• Describe electrical theory and concepts for gas-fired equipment;
• Read, interpret and draw wiring diagrams, schematics and symbols related to gas equipment in excess of 400 000 Btu/h (120 kW); and
• Perform basic calculations to determine electric motor size requirements.
The Training materials have been revised to include the following changes throughout the training units:
▪ Updated language to enhance student understanding
▪ Revised references and links to the most current legislation
▪ Revisions include new technologies used in the industry
▪ Updated look and feel