Unit 27A - Commercial/Industrial appliances over 400 000 Btu/h (120 kW)
The gas technician/fitter will encounter a variety of commercial and industrial equipment over 400 000 Btu/h (120 kW) for installation or start-up. When installing such equipment the technician/fitter must follow the CSA B149.1 Natural Gas and Propane Installation Code. Start-up procedures for equipment over 400 000 Btu/h (120 kW) are determined by the equipment itself and by the manufacturer's guidelines. It is important that the gas technician/fitter be familiar with these procedures, as well as with the special requirements for piping, ventilation, venting, water treatment, etc; and some key servicing and maintenance requirements of large installations.
- At the end of this unit you will be able to:
- Describe gas piping requirements.
- Describe ventilation and combustion air requirements.
- Describe venting requirements.
- Identify installation requirements.
- Describe activation procedures for commercial/industrial appliances.
- Describe servicing, maintenance, and troubleshooting procedures.
- Identify water treatment requirements.