Gas Trade: Unit 21 - Space heaters and fireplaces
CSA Group's 2020 Gas Trade materials reference the Red Seal Program's trade outlines for your preparation to become a nationally recognized gasfitter. Please visit the Red Seal Program's website for more details.
To ensure customer satisfaction, it is important to match the appliance’s size and capacity to the user’s needs and expectations. This requires a good knowledge of the various appliances and how well each works in a given situation. For example, if the user requires heat to a specific space and you assess that it is not realistic to put in a central furnace or a boiler system, you may suggest a room heater, baseboard heater, or gas fireplace, depending on the user’s needs. Likewise, if the person wishes simply to add ambience or atmosphere to a room, you may suggest a decorative appliance.
At the end of this unit, you will be able to:
• Install and service space heaters; and
• Install and service fireplaces.
The 7th Edition of the Training materials are revised to include the following changes:
• Updated to current standards and codes.
• Updated assignment questions and added chapter numbers.
• Assignment questions now included at the end of each chapter.
• New preface with a listing of standards and codes referenced in each module.