Gas Trade: Unit 2 - Fasteners, tools, and testing instrument
CSA Group's 2020 Gas Trade materials reference the Red Seal Program's trade outlines for your preparation to become a nationally recognized gasfitter. Please visit the Red Seal Program's website for more details.
Proper installation of gas piping requires a variety of fasteners, supports, devices, and tools to complete the job. Each installation has its own requirements, and the gas technician/fitter must choose among a huge selection. This unit is an overview of the most common types of fasteners and supports used in the gas industry as well as the basic tools gas technicians/fitters must use and understand.
At the end of this Unit, you will be able to:
• Describe and select fasteners;
• Describe and select hand tools;
• Describe and select power tools and accessories;
• Describe and select measuring tools;
• Identify combustion testing instruments; and
• Identify electrical testing instruments.
The 7th Edition of the Training materials are revised to include the following changes:
• Updated to current standards and codes.
• Updated assignment questions and added chapter numbers.
• Assignment questions now included at the end of each chapter.
• New preface with a listing of standards and codes referenced in each module.