Codes & Standards - Purchase
GAS TRADE: UNIT 19 (6th ed. pub. 2019)
Gas Trade: Unit 19 - Forced warm-air heating systems
CSA Group's 2019 Gas Trade materials reference the Red Seal Program's trade outlines for your preparation to become a nationally recognized gasfitter. Please visit the Red Seal Program's website for more details.
Gas technicians/fitters need to understand the operational aspects of forced warm-air furnaces in order to provide effective, efficient, and safe service to their customers.
This unit is divided into three chapters to enable the gas technician/fitter to install, maintain, service, and troubleshoot forced warm-air systems.
At the end of this unit you will be able to:
• Describe installation requirements for forced-air furnaces;
• Describe mechanical components on forced-air furnaces and the procedures for servicing those components; and
• Describe electrical components on forced-air furnaces and the procedures for servicing those
The Training materials have been revised to include the following changes throughout the training units:
▪ Updated language to enhance student understanding
▪ Revised references and links to the most current legislation
▪ Revisions include new technologies used in the industry
▪ Updated look and feel